The Mark Twain Lake area offers a wide variety of recreational activities to enjoy. In addition to this list, please be sure to visit our Interactive Map and click on the Attractions tab.
- Joanna Trail – A multipurpose trail containing three loops: Prairie Loop (4 miles), Log Cabin Loop (11 miles), and Pioneer Loop (5 miles), all of which comprise a 32-mile scenic trail with trailheads at the John F. Spalding Boat Ramp entrance and Hunter/Fisherman 11 and 16. Equestrian friendly. Joanna Trail map
- Lick Creek Trail – An 8-mile multipurpose trail located off Route J across from the Ray Behrens entrance extending to the Duane Wheelan Recreation Area. Equestrian friendly. Lick Creek Trail map
- Eagle Trail – A 0.25 mile ADA accessible scenic trail located at the M.W. Boudreaux Visitor Center.
- Route BB (Pigeon Roost) Bicycle Trail – 1.5 mile bicycle trail located near the end of Route BB, off Route J.
- Barefoot Sam Trail – Located near the Mark Twain State Park Birthplace Museum. 0.4 miles.
- White Oak Trail – Located in the Mark Twain State Park Campground. 1.3 mile loop.
- Post Oak Trail – Located in the Mark Twain State Park Campground. 1.7 mile loop.
- Dogwood Trail – Located in the Mark Twain State Park Campground. 2.3 mile loop.
- Whitetail Trail – Located at Buzzards Roost within Mark Twain State Park. 0.4 miles.
- Florida Trail – Located in the town of Florida, MO. Easy trail with views of the lake.
- Spalding Beach – Public beach located in the John Spalding Recreation Area. Restroom/showerhouse and picnic areas are available. Accessible by land or boat.
- Indian Creek Campground Beach – Located within the Indian Creek Campground. Must be an Indian Creek Campground registered camper to access by land. Also accessible by boat.
- 107 Beach – Public beach located in Mark Twain State Park, off Hwy. 107. Restroom available. Boat access not recommended.
David C. Berti Shooting Range
Located in the South Spillway Area below Cannon Dam, it is open daily until dusk, except during special events. The range features 25-, 50-, and 100-yard sections. Fees are $2 per shooter per day or $25 for an annual pass which may be purchased at the M.W. Boudreaux Visitor Center.
Frank Russell Archery Park
Located in the Frank Russell Recreation Area, the park features a 10 station event range with target distances between 10 and 80 yards and concrete pathways. There is also a .7 mile improved surfaced archery trail accessing 3-D shooting stations.
M.W. Boudreaux Visitor Center
Overlooks the Clarence Cannon Dam and Mark Twain Lake. In addition to stunning views, the Visitor Center offers exhibits and hands-on displays of nature, culture, and history of the area. The Northeast Missouri Vietnam Memorial is also located on the grounds.
*COMING SOON* Frisbee Golf Course
To be located in the South Spillway area below Cannon Dam. More information to follow.
Mark Twain State Park
- Ray Behrens Rec Area – 15 picnic sites; 5 water-borne restrooms; 4 playgrounds; 1 amphitheater; 1 group picnic site (shelter house)
- Indian Creek Rec Area – 18 picnic sites; 7 water-borne restrooms; 4 playgrounds; 1 amphitheater; 1 group picnic site (shelter house)
- Frank Russell Campground – 1 vault toilet; 2 playgrounds; 1 amphitheater
- Buzzard’s Roost Picnic Area – 30 picnic sites; 1 vault toilet; playground; 1 group picnic site (shelter house); 1 multipurpose building (Huck Hall)
- Hwy 107 Picnic Area – 6 picnic sites; 1 vault toilet
- M.W. Boudreaux Picnic Area – 1 water-borne restroom; 1 group picnic site (shelter house); playground coming in 2019
- Warren G. See Spillway Rec Areas – 2 waterborne restrooms; 2 playgrounds; 2 group picnic areas (shelter house); multipurpose building
- Bluff View Rec Area – 4 picnic sites; 2 vault toilets; 1 group picnic site; play area
- Stoutsville Rec Area – picnic area; non-waterborne vault toilet
- South Fork Rec Area – picnic area; non-waterborne vault toilet
For a look at boat ramps around Mark Twain Lake, please visit our Interactive Map and click on the Boat Ramp tab. There you will see an overhead view of the ramp, along with descriptions and amenities.