updated 7/30/21 11:10 a.m.
Following is a list of known closures in the Mark Twain Lake area, due to high water as well as the July 9th storm that hit the area. We will keep this list updated as information is released.
BOAT RAMPS – view the interactive map
With the lake level dropping, the regular boat ramps are starting to open back up. All four-lane ramps have at least one courtesy dock in place.
The following Hunter/Fisherman Access Boat Ramps are closed, as per the Corps:
- #11 Route N
- #20 Hwy. FF
- #23 Hwy. 24 at North Fork
- #30 Middle Fork ramp off of Route U
- #61 Duane Wheelan
John F. Spalding Beach, Indian Creek Beach, and the Mark Twain State Park Beach (107) are all currently closed.
- Warren G. See South Spillway, including the Berti Shooting Range is now open.
- Frank Russell Recreation Area, including the Archery Range is now open.
- M.W. Boudreaux Recreation Area and M.W. Boudreaux Memorial Visitor Center is now open.
- Briscoe Group Camp is now open.
- Spalding Day Use and picnic shelters are now open (beaches remain closed due to high water conditions.)
- Bluffview Recreation Area is now open.
- South Fork Recreation Area will be closed from August 9 – August 20 for pavement repair.
BlackJack Marina is open with limited services. They do have gas, beer, ice, soda, snacks, and other merchandise. The restaurant is not open and they currently only have porta-potties in place. Boat rentals and nightly slip rentals should resume on Monday, July 26, 2021.
Indian Creek Marina is open for normal business.
HUNTER/FISHERMAN ACCESS AREAS
#11 Route N, #20 Hwy. FF, #61 Duane Wheelan, #30 Route U, and #’s 23, 54, and 12 are currently closed.
JELLYSTONE WATER ZONE – WATER PARK
The Water Park at Jellystone is currently closed. All other facilities are open.
Route U is closed one west of Route 107 due to a section of the road collapsing.